Clan: SW

WebGL version

Post by OneManArmy » 29 May 2018

WebGL version is almost done.
You can test game here:
https://armedunity.itch.io/demo
Password: armedunity

Size of game is 56 MB.
Size of game without light-maps is around 40Mb (but then maps look terrible).
Size of game without maps is just 15Mb. I can move maps to assetbundles (like i did in webplayer) and loading will be fast, but...
for now it's not possible, because game will be on multiple sites and as far as i know, assetbunles can be uploaded only on one of these sites.

Requires browser with WebAssembly support.
Basically any modern browser supports WebAssembly, except Mozilla ESR.
If you have ESR, then you can install normal version on top of ESR, or install Chrome as second browser.

Few changes in game:
* only TDM mode
* no class customization
* only 3 regions
* no registration, no login and no statistics
* lower resolution light maps
* worse audio quality

*** If you find a bug, you can report here below. I am aware about flash grenade bug (when hitmarker shows up on all clients).
*** Also i would like to hear about performance. Performance will differ in different browsers. Try Chrome and Mozilla.
*** And how long game was loading for you? Make few tests... to see if caching works. Try to refresh tab and restart browser.
Poland

Post by iTerQ » 31 May 2018

The game loads pretty fast. Performance - could be better, but it is playable. At lowest settings, HD I have something around 70 fps (standalone about 300). Also sometimes cursor is not locked at the center (for example while chatting) and it causes unsmooth mouse look. Tested on Opera.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 31 May 2018

All browsers by default limit framerate. Only way to get 100+ framerate is to edit browser settings.
Also i wouldn't use Opera browser to play webgl games. Performance in Mozilla and/or Chrome should be better.

In Opera you must allow cursor lock every time when game tries to lock cursor...
Idk maybe exist option to allow automatically lock cursor? If not, then Opera is definately not good for webgl games.
Poland

Post by iTerQ » 31 May 2018

Okay, I'm gonna try different one.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 31 May 2018

I am testing most popular browsers and for now looks that best performance is in Chrome browser.
India

Post by CHRIS » 08 Jul 2018

broswer version cant play
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 08 Jul 2018

Browser version is on hold.