Tracers and silenced weapons

Latvia
Clan: SW

Tracers and silenced weapons

Post by OneManArmy » 09 Aug 2018

Idea is to hide tracers when weapon is silenced, but leave all effects.
Player will be aware that someone is shooting at him, but he will not see from where...
What you think?
France

Post by laugh » 09 Aug 2018

Well, I don't think it's a good idea, because we'll not know where the enemies shoot us from :/
And that's a very important point in every FPS such as CoD / CS:GO.
If you want a "hardcore" game, then you can do this.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 11 Aug 2018

Lets think for a second... if players will see tracers, then what's the point of silencer?
To balance everything i will decrease suppression effect when player uses silencer.
France

Post by laugh » 11 Aug 2018

Well, as in my view of this opinion of a CS:GO player, the silencer is used to make less noises and be "more" accurate.
Latvia

Post by OneManArmy » 11 Aug 2018

With silencer i can shoot from much closer distance and you will not hear shots.
If you can see from where is shooting, then silencers are pointless.
France

Post by laugh » 11 Aug 2018

Tastes differ, and people change :D
That's mine and yours opinion ;)
France

Post by blasterant » 12 Aug 2018

Well if you want to remove tracers so people can't spot where the shooter is, we maybe need something to balance it, so silencers wouldn't be too op especialy for sniper rifles (because of accuracy in long distance) so maybe if a player puts a silencer on his sniper, he can't move as fast as if he didn't have one, and can't switch weapons too fast too. I'm saying this cause if the weapon is longer, I'm guessing its harder to manipulate it too you know ? Because in my opinion, if a silencer guy wants to hide and has the "tools" to do it properly (silencer so no tracer so "invisible") the other guy needs a "reward" in case he succeeds to spot where the sniper is,So he sees the position of the sniper and can rush him down. So less mobility is maybe a solution. But idk.

And maybe increase the bullet drop and the effectiveness of the silenced rifles at long range, but less noisy and no tracer either.
United States of America
Clan: OHHS

Post by MrSaxyMan » 23 Oct 2018

If you want to be realistic, you will have to take into account regular physics as well. Silencers, being a barrel extension, allows the combustion of the powder to push the bullet even faster, allowing for higher muzzle velocities. While this occurs, they will also make the bullets go straighter since they are guided down the tube longer, since the inside of each barrel has divots encircling the bullet, which causes it to also spin. A lot of FPS like to treat silencers like a downgrade just because of how powerful they would be. The best example of a silencer that I know of is for the SASG-12. The silencer is about a foot long and weighs around 10 pounds. A foot of length on a shotgun barrel allowed it to have enough power to puncture an iron plate about an inch thick, which is impressive considering most APC's are only 3 inches thick. It's very scary, but not used often because of weight. Now if you want to go full on myhairisfallingout realistic, you are going to have to seriously BEEF UP every suppressor. I seriously think that buffing the suppressors is a HORRIBLE idea in a fast-paced game like this.
Real honor isn't dying for your country.
It is making the other bastard die for his.
United States of America
Clan: OHHS

Post by MrSaxyMan » 23 Oct 2018

Another thing is that FMJ-T (Full Metal Jacket Tracer) and regular FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) are slightly different. Tracer is primarily used in shooting ranges, to help people see where they shoot. Yes, Soldiers carry both FMJ and FMJ, because using Tracer to fire at enemies can help other squads see where someone is firing long before radio callouts, but regular FMJ is usually used for more conventional fire fights, where it is just 2 squads facing each other. If you are to add or change anything, make it so that Deathmatch features non-tracer bullets, and TDM features tracers, because it would make more sense. Realism stuff.
Real honor isn't dying for your country.
It is making the other bastard die for his.
Malaysia
Clan: MSIA

Post by Johnliew97 » 28 Oct 2018

If you're going to remove tracers maybe white shooting indicators as I've mentioned before comes in handy. It's in alot of fps games.