Sniper scopes

Brazil

Sniper scopes

Post by SHOTGUNNER » 25 Jun 2018

Well, as every player know, there is a big problem with the sniper scopes on the game, this actually make them balanced, but in a very bad way, make them also annoying as hell, the problem is, there are 3 different mechanics that make the scopes "shake", the breathing system, the A/D system, wich is fine and the way the reticle shake ween your move your aim, that causes the snipers to be extremely innacurate ween you are moving, i do know the porpuse of that, make the players play as snipers with the sniper rifles, not running around to get some no scopes and quick scopes, but this is affecting so much on aiming, those 3 together are making even the deagle better at mediun and long ranges than the snipers, i'm getting more long range kills without scope then with scope, there is a way to balance the snipers removing this, by nerfing the bodyshot damage, if you just remove this, everyone will be just bodyshoting
My idea is to remove the breathing system and the one who makes your scope shake while your move your aim, they are both cool mechanics, specially the breathing one, but they are not being practical at all, they are just making the good snipers have a bad time.
But also, the bodyshot damage at long ranges should be nerfed to 90 damage, you are a sniper, must shot to the head
Also, there are 3 guns i like, but i can't deny they are broken right now.
Deagle, M110 and KSG-12 (my favorite in each class)
M110 is very strong right now, but the fire rate is to high, the same for the KSG-12, just slow down a little bit and it will be fine
The problem with the deagle is a little bit harder to deal with (i think), the one shot bodyshot is just a broken mechanic for a pistol, my ideia is to nerf this to 70/80, reduces the fire rate and reduces the recoil, don't get me wrong, i play with deagle since i saw the game for the first time, ween the game had only 3 primary weapons, i just think that will make the game better, the one shot headshot at any ranges i think should stay, isn't really a problem

BTW, i see the assault rifles got the damage nerfed, i'm asking for this for a lot of time, thank you so much < 3
Latvia
Clan: SW

Post by OneManArmy » 25 Jun 2018

"as every player know, there is a big problem with the sniper scopes"? every player knows? I think you exaggerate.

"there are 3 different mechanics that make the scopes "shake""
1) the breathing system
2) the A/D system
3) ????

What is "A/D system" and what is third mechanic, that make the scopes "shake"?

Are you aware that on sniper rifle you can put different scopes?

Do you understand purpose of "the breathing system"?
And your suggestion is to remove breathing system? No, it will not happen.
The breathing system can be disabled with perk "strong arms".
Also you can hold breath for 5 seconds = improve your skill, rather then suggest to remove something.

Deagle can one-shot body kill form mid/far distance?
Deagle is powerful (also in real life) and with strong kick.
Your suggestion is again to reduce kick, fire rate, damage - even when there is no problem.
Try to kill someone by shooting very fast...
Brazil

I know you can "remove" the breathing by equiping the strong arms perk, but you will sacrifice a perk for that, but this is not the biggest problem, the biggest problem is the third one, wich i explained very poorly, ween you move your weapon, the center of the scope shakes, that with the other 2 systems make the problem, i like the breathing mechanic and i would like to see this keeping on the game, but 3 different mechanics to do the same thing just fucks up, the A/D system is another poorly explained one, ween you are aiming and you move, your scope will have another animation,the biggest problem is the second one with the third one
Also, i have skill enough, my idea was to make the snipers less random to aim and hitkill only on the head

I also know that about the Deagle, is my favorite pistol on real life and in the game, but for the game balance, is not fair working like that, it works like a handcannon, skill weapons, why a skill weapon would be spray and pray at close range?
Brazil

I forgot a very important thing, you will not have that problem if you stand still, but this is a very fast game, standing still and exposed is a suicide
Latvia

"but you will sacrifice a perk for that" But that's the point of perks.
By removing "breathing animation" you get advantage. It helps you.

I still don't get what is under third.
1) Breathing animation
2) Weapon sway (affects all weapons) when you look around.
3) ????? Weapon sway (affects all weapons) when you move left and right? But here scope slightly rotates and it shouldn't affect accuracy.

Different games has different mechanics to prevent camping and balance OP weapons. Sniper rifle is OP weapon (one shot kill at far distance).

Have you ever played BF3/4?
Brazil

The problem is the third one with the second one, i do know every weapon have the second, but only the scopes have the third one, and that is the problem

Yes, i played and every weapon have those first 2 things, and the scopes also have the third one, but isn't so much, i also know if you remove the third one and the snipers become less random, they will start to be OP, that is why i suggested reducing the damage to 90 at medium/longer ranges, will make players aim to the head

Let me see how i can explain the third one...
Weel, ween you move your aim in games like fortnite, cod, bf (BF4 had this, but not that much, wasn't a problem there), your reticle keeps stable, but in SW, your reticle move, that combined with the weapon sway, makes the problem, this affects only scopes

Also, i was going to use BF4 as example, the damage, recoil and fire rate reduce was to be just like the BF4 deagle, would require more skill, of course not as weak as BF4 one at medium/longers ranges
Latvia

But third one doesn't affect accuracy (watch video from 1:58).

Lets compare with BF4:
1) More vertical movement in breath animation
2) Mouse-look sway: weaker in BF
3) Sideways walk sway: weaker in BF, but affects accuracy (in SW it doesn't affect accuracy).
Also:
+ holds breath only ~2 seconds?
+ scope moves when you walk
+ projectile based bullets (harder to hit)
+ less damage.

In SW it's much easier to play as recon (mid/long range scope).
What you want is scope without any cons (required to balance weapon), so you can simply aim at one point and wait when head will appear.

By the way this is not the first time when we arguing about 'nothing'.
To not waste time, next time record video so i can see if problem really exist.

Now i would like to hear thoughts from other players.
Brazil

The problem is exactly the mouse-look sway (that is the third thing, now i know the name), this is too strong and fucks up the aim, i know is harder to play as recon on BF, it just have to be toned down a little bit, the breathing is not bad, the problem are the two sway effects together

By the way i talked a lot with players in game, i always talk before come here, next time i will try to get some to talk about it, i know it is always only me talking about and that is my fault for not say to them to talk here too
Brazil

I forgot something again, in the video you are trying this standing still, there is no problem standing still, but you have to be moving all the time, SW is a faster paced game
Latvia

and what will change when you are moving? there is no walk animation and as you can see in video also sideways movement doesn't affect accuracy (there is only slight rotation).