Ideas to stop spawnkilling

United States of America
Clan: OP

Re: Ideas to stop spawnkilling

Post by impossybull » 18 Jul 2019

It is. I learned that """"trick"""" from another player but promised OMA I wouldn't do it again :\
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
Brazil

Post by SeekerS » 19 Jul 2019

spawn killing is not much problem of the maps but of teams unbalanced, has two team one very strong and another normal it is natural that the strong one pushes the other to base, now when both are balanced does not have spawn killing, why does not have one absolute mastery of only one team.
France
Clan: oof

Post by laugh » 20 Jul 2019

To avoid spawnkilling, why not switching spawns while ennemies are actually in the spawn ?
𝓢𝓽𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓯𝓲𝓵𝓮 : https://steamcommunity.com/id/SupaSaiyajin

𝓜𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓬 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 20 Jul 2019

Lol if only that would work
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

Member of Split, SWAT, Milk, RT, Dark Masters, Criminal Gamers, Fusion, Greg Heffley, and leader of OVERPOWERED.
France

Post by blasterant » 21 Jul 2019

As said before, if spawnkill exists, its because of imbalance in the game. A team is stronger than the other and they push them back to spawn where they slaughter players over and over because their kda is the only thing that matters to them. So flip spawn will just work a time and then it will be the same again. Problem is balance, problem is players, problem is not enough players, problem is their behaviour
United States of America

Post by impossybull » 21 Jul 2019

"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"

United States of America

Post by impossybull » 24 Jul 2019

From my Shoutbox post:
The only permanent fix is changing the maps and spawn system. Either the layout can be changed, or the spawns can be redesigned so people can spawn in more places. Persionally, every map I design I try to make resistant to spawn trapping, but changing the existing maps, and/or rewriting the spawn algorithm, will take a long time. The most important point is that even games like Call of Duty made my huge teams of people to design maps and write a spawn system, still have huge spawn trapping problems. When teams are unbalanced enough, spawn trapping can happen on ANY game and map.

Being able to balance teams will help a lot, as OMA and others have mentioned, but it's not possible with 20 people online. Even when I try on purpose to balance teams in a lobby, many times it still gets very unbalanced, both for and against my team.
"Practice to gain skill"
               "Think to gain strategy"